Sins Of A Father


To You and Me

I had hoped that at some point in my life, I would father you but I have faith that I will be too bad of a father just like I have been too irresponsible in shaping and building myself. I do not want you to look up to a broken man as your father, for I never had a childhood so neither do I want to experiment with fatherhood for the sake of experience knowing very well within me that I am attempting to make up for my own lost childhood. At least you can praise me for my honesty in telling you one side of a multidimensional aspect of why I can not father you. It is not the fear of responsibility within me to father you but I can not be responsible for you and myself at the same time. I do not wish for you to become like me nor do I want you to become an unknown, distant, and strange person to me. I fear I might bring you up the same way I was raised, hence you will end up penning a letter like this. At worst, I might end up bringing you up the way I desire resulting in you becoming what you do not desire to be. So that you become aware and enlightened that I love you more than life itself, envision how I love you to an extent that I will not bring you into existence. Your birth will be a living metaphor for how my death is closer to me than my own soul. I am a broken man I said, no I lied. I am not a broken man, I was shattered before I became human.


From You and Me

                                  


     







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genocide Of A Generation

The Apology

Psychological Warfare