Privatised Human Rights

I am a victim of Privatised Human Rights. The right to education, the right to food, the right to freedom of speech and all those rights you claim to know well or have heard of are privatized to people like me.


It's appalling how the media, news media, politicians and international social organizations preach about rights. Act as if they are delivering them to us for free but in fact, they are not. I find it a joke how I am told I have the right to education but I cannot attend school because I have not been able to pay up the school fees. So I asked my father how education is a right if I am not allowed to have access to it. Am I less of a human that I do not have a Human Right to education? Education is the key to success for those within the system but to people like me, the key to success is privatized.

Why is my right to education privatized? I have a right to learn don't I ? Yes I do. But why is it that when I enter the schoolyard, the school officials ask me for proof of payment to access my Human Right to education? Proof of payment, a receipt. This shows them evidence that I paid MONEY to access my HUMAN RIGHT which is" FREE. The fact that I am human means that I have to use this right. Being human is the receipt.


The media, the news media, the politician and the international social organizations said my HUMAN RIGHTS are free and should be used. So why am I being chucked out of school? Well, it's because I do not have enough money to buy the HUMAN RIGHTS? Are these rights for all or for those selected few with the money to purchase them?

For us, the " HUMAN RIGHTS" believers, who are fooled to believe they are free we sit at home and think why. Why did they lie to us that HUMAN RIGHTS are free? If they had at least told us we had to buy them we could have made up a way to get money to buy them. After all, the education sector it's a tertiary industry, a service and you pay for services. You pay for the right to education. The right to education is PRIVATISED.


Do I misunderstand the context of HUMAN RIGHTS? Are we supposed to work for them or have a certain status to attain them? The education I seek is public education or government education not privatized education by private schools. I expect to be chucked out of the private institutions, not the public institutions.


Do I have a right to food? When I saw and heard this HUMAN RIGHT on the television I laughed at it. I said to myself "What a great joke." Silly me, it was not a joke. It was real. That HUMAN RIGHT is real and it has to be utilized. So I asked my father, the breadwinner of the family, " Father, why do we have the right to food but we eat once a day if it is a blessing and once every three days as usual?" My father could not answer me, he just stood up and walked outside for a smoke.


I stood up and headed to the nearest food store in our neighborhood. I entered the food store with a trolley, loaded it with food and walked past the till and the cashier. The cashier looked at me with disgust and dismay. I continued pushing my loaded trolley right out through until the cashier shouted "Stop that child. He is stealing." The security officials came they held me tightly and pushed me to the ground. I screamed, "Let me go, I have a right to food and I am hungry." Their reply was also based on rights, "You have the right to remain silent and you have a right to an attorney." Well, I hoped to utilize those rights later on, after I had utilized the critical one. The right to food. I was hungry and they were abusing my right to food.                               


Father came and picked me up from the police station. He asked if I was okay. It was a stupid question. I was hungry, my face could tell the whole story.

I was told I had been charged with theft. A crime. What about the arrest of the causes of crime? I was supposed to pay for the foodstuff I had to place in the trolley. Another HUMAN RIGHT I had to purchase, was the right to food. Well obviously if you are hungry you have to eat. You have to purchase the food but food being a HUMAN RIGHT does not make it free? Can I not go and get food from wherever it is available to sustain myself?


"You need to have money to get the food you want from the store. You use the money to purchase food, it is not for free." Father scolded me that evening. But it is a HUMAN RIGHT I thought, aren't HUMAN RIGHTS for free? So I had to purchase two HUMAN RIGHTS, the right to education and the right to food. I thought they were free, no you stupid idiot they need to be purchased by money to be utilized I told myself.

But the media, the news media, the politician and international organizations said they were free and accessible to all. I was suffering from Agenda Setting Theory by a group of powerful people. Telling me a matrix, a lie that has been told over and over to an extent that you and I believe it's true in the end.

Do I fail to understand the context of HUMAN RIGHTS?


So the wealthy have the right to food and education? Whilst we the poor do not? Maybe my effort and energy are misdirected. My father is responsible for me, he is responsible to make sure I go to school, I eat and so is my mother. But when I address them about it they walk out on me. Why? Why? Why? Or I am addressing the wrong people? I should be addressing the source of this information. The politician, the international social organizations, the media and the news media. My parents are just victims of the matrix about HUMAN RIGHTS.


So today I headed to the Government Complex buildings in our province, where the top-class politicians work and I was to ask them to walk the talk. I just remember shouting at the Government Complex telling them to address our rights and now I am waking up in the hospital. With a bandaged head and a broken kneecap.

Why did I go shouting at the Government Complex? In protest style. A couple of months ago, the television broadcasted how three private corporate business firms went to the Government Complex and protested against the Government hiking business tariffs as well as the Government increasing its concentration in private businesses. Within a week their grievances were addressed and got a dream deal. What about mine? Well, mine were addressed by being manhandled by provincial state security agents. Why was this so? We all expressed our right to speech, expression and protest but only one side was addressed. Why?


Well, it's because the private corporate business firms have the capital or the money to influence government decisions. So they also have the right to freedom of speech, and expression and to protest against the government when it goes " out of track". They used private capital to purchase HUMAN RIGHTS from the government and politicians who were the source of these HUMAN RIGHTS. But we the " poor" were paralyzed from expressing these rights. Or do I fail to understand the context of HUMAN RIGHTS?


So I am in hospital now. A broken kneecap and a bandaged head. Do I not have the right to be protected? Is it not the responsibility of the government to protect me, you and its people? Yet the government has paralyzed me. The ones with the right to PROTECT me have PARALYZED me.

If I owned a large corporate business firm with a lot of wealth, would they do this to me? No, they would not. They would fear what I would do with the corporate power I have on their political power just like the protest against the increase of business tariffs. I think so? Aren't all humans equal and all rights equal?


What should I do? I have to accept that I have rights but I also have to be responsible for making sure that I fulfill them on my own for myself. For I need to use them for myself. The government, the politicians, the media, news media and the international social organizations will not do this for me. For they will not be affected at an individual level whether I do or do not. After all, they PRIVATISED HUMAN RIGHTS.


Freedom of Thought from 7 VIEWS ABOVE












Comments

  1. Excellent. The debate on whether human rights are for rich or poor has been well documented. It is against this background that we must understand that human rights are for all whether rich or poor as long as you are a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, respect and human dignity have become subjective to money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genocide Of A Generation

The Apology

Psychological Warfare