Psychological Warfare

The only difference between who I was 3 decades ago and what I am currently is just the number of years.

I am nowhere financially stable nor socially aware of myself. At least 3 decades ago I was an inch better off than my current self because I was my parents' responsibility, but they were better off 3 decades before I was born because they were their parents' responsibility and did not have a burden.

You see I was born in a system whereby opportunities were never equal and we were always suppressed. This same system was somehow a modern-day cast system, though those who ran the system denied it with the use of propaganda. So people of my status were painted a certain portrait by this system of how we should live for the rest of our lives.


 Even those who had a hierarchical position in our society were influenced by the same system to instill its doctrine and ideologies of what we should be. Why? Was this the question I would ask myself?

 I grew up as an individual, I got exposed to television. Western media movies gave a message of how those above our cast society were living. And some of these people were within our geographic national boundaries.

The lavish lifestyle, the struggle from rags to riches, and dreams becoming a reality. So I asked myself if I could have such a life if it existed on earth but I had the answer before I had questioned myself. How odd right?


How did I get to the answer first before I got to the question? The system above me, which we were to systematically conform to. Of how our dreams were designed for us, and of how the lavish lifestyle we saw on television of those who rose above the system was only available in paradise or heaven if it did exist. It was psychological warfare.


So one day, after witnessing the resource inequality in our society caused by a system that victimized a society. I had watched a biography on Oprah Winfrey, of how she came up from nothing to be above a system that controlled the reality of people, I questioned everything. Though Oprah Winfrey was in a different land, miles away, our context to rise above a system was the same.


The system even became more oppressive by being a stereotype, injecting our society with stereotypical ideologies. The psychological warfare of the best mode. People of my cast or society if they were to work in the primary industry, they were to be laborers in the fields, those who would get the highest level would be senior laborers. The difference was only the word " senior" but we all labored the same, I get to laugh at it now.

The system gave us the most important part of an economy to work in but it made us believe it was the worst part. How?


By giving us what it also painted to be the most despised part of the job, the laboring part. Unaware that the primary industry was the root of all economic production, where all the money was located. We worked for long hours each day, till we became victims of this system but did not become aware of it.                          


It was normal, the pain was endured, and we lost our identity as people or human beings in society to become victims in a system. I had to make a change, but why me? Was I the only enlightened one?

In the secondary industry, we were still the laborers or manpower and got the lowest wages but we were stupid enough to be content with it. The tertiary industry was closed to us, it would only be open to us through the media but in reality, our system gave us a prohibition, a no.


Why a no? We had been stereotyped by the system to believe that is where all the power and money lie. Where the good living is experienced to its fullest, not being told the source. We had been made to believe that the money was with those who dressed in suits. Well, you can dress a poor nobody in an expensive designer suit, but they will still be a poor nobody in mind and financially. We were being victimized by this system and someone had to stand up and tell the truth. Well telling a victim you are being victimized whilst they are not aware of it is a waste of time. It was psychological warfare by the system to society.


I questioned myself on such a system until I came aware that it's not the system solely which is responsible for our current demise and future demise. But us, me not questioning it and making a better future for myself than the one already painted out for us.

Why couldn't I be rich, wealthy, powerful or shake hands with the elitist, well simple? The system had already structured it to be impossible. The system that controlled us, was similar to apartheid or segregation and discrimination. But we adapted to it and were satisfied with it because those in our society, the opinion leaders praised the system and used aspects of religion to pacify us and to control us to act as if the system was a blessing. These opinion leaders were victims psychologically and victimized their people unaware of it.


As an individual, I started believing in my liberty, rights and power and that I could rise above this system for a better me, but what was thereafter rising above it? A better life. Like the one, I saw in the Western media.

So I thought of a plan, to make myself better off than our whole cast society which was run by a system. How? I was to empower and educate myself better than the most " educated" individual in our system. The most educated were the best employed. She just kept the records of who worked in the secondary industry, just a register and that was it.


She used to brag about it because the system had indoctrinated her to believe it was the highest position to get, for someone with a status like hers or who came from a society like ours. Even if this woman would get the same equal resources as the wealthiest people she would still be part of us mentally. But what she needed and what we needed was equity. It was psychological warfare by a system to society.


I had armed with the theoretical solutions to my problems. What was my problem or the problem for our society? The system was the problem. That had made us believe our lives were picture perfect, on how it gave us a matrix that we could not see beyond. It was me, as an individual versus the system. I thought of myself as a messiah to save myself from the system first. Then save the victims of this system who thought were a society.

Motivated my spirit with the thoughts of individuals like Oprah Winfrey and was ready to execute the plan to break out a caste system and break apart an oppressive system.


What I did not know was how complicated, diverse, and subjective the system was built. On how people like myself had come before with aspirations to rise but were crushed and became victims. Even my father, a victim had tried but was cut to size by this system. That is why he was what he was.

That is the danger of not knowing, well you can't blame it on me because I was never told and did not know. Or you can blame it on me because I never researched how the system was built and how it dealt with those who tried to destroy or oppose the way it functioned.


I could have joined hands with the victims and worked towards a goal. But my selfish being, thinking I was better off than the victims not aware I was one of them put my effort to waste.

The first thing I did was act as if I was not part of our cast society or the social system we lived under. Run by a system. So I separated myself from the ideologies that were instilled in us and moved away from aligning myself with the portrait of how our future was painted for us.


I started acting differently and I was prepared to take arms against the system, what took up arms against me was not what I had anticipated. My cast society, my own family. Poor laborers who I thought after liberating myself they could follow and they would see the negativity of the portrait painted before them by this system.


ALAS! They did not see it. They were lost in indoctrination. They were victims who believed they were human beings. It was not the core system I was fighting now but my own victimized society that I was raised under. The people who lived with me in that society were so blind to see it. On how their lives were not worth it. Psychological warfare.


It was just how these people were victimized to an extent that could not see anything beyond the future painted for them by this system. How physically they were treated well but emotionally and psychologically they were tormented. How if you would remove the portrait of injustice and oppression painted before them by the system they could not see anything. They would go blind and curse you for removing them from their comfort zone of a better life. As if you had taken them from greener pastures into a desert without a probability of an oasis. They had chosen to adapt as victims and not to perish as individuals asserting their liberty.


I preached a different doctrine, of raising our standards but I sounded as if I was rebelling. On how the laborers in the fields should now own the field and its produce. On how those keeping the registers should now start running the industries. I was told that I was spreading hate speech, on that I had no respect for society. I asked myself a society of what, a society of victims. What dignity is in that or was in that?


I was persecuted by the victims, who were part of the system, just a branch of the system which was the society I lived in. I was crushed and I could not move on. Why?

When I had planned to break away from this system or break it apart, I had not realized the enemy was closer than it seemed. My family members were the enemies, more victims, working with the system to maintain its dominance. They thought they owed the system their lives.

Has much as the system was the enemy so were those closest to me who aligned with its principles or ideologies blindly. On how they were told what they cannot become and what they can become.


 On how they had given up so quickly and even given up their individuality of a better future to save a system. What about serving themselves first, they could not, the system had told them allegiance to the system is the best way to go. Best way to go for who? Was what they failed to ask themselves.

The system had used those closer to me to crush me. Yes to end my hopes, and dreams and made a future for me that was better than in the past. BLAME THE SYSTEM.

NO ! BLAME ME NOT THE SYSTEM! BLAME ME!


I blamed myself for getting crushed once and not getting back up. How I had made an individual decision to run down the system and I could not remain loyal to my decision. I could not have concrete and complex thinking like the system, that no matter what, its goals had to be achieved.

I blamed myself for not seeing the enemy closer to me. Or was I ignorant of the enemy closer to me, aware of it but underestimating its power and ability? Or was I outnumbered and the theory of strength in numbers proved its point to me? On how a system with more victims is capable of victimizing the innocent to adapt to it.


3 decades ago I tried to oppose a system being my parents' child now I am not. But I of 3 decades ago better off than I am currently. I got victimized for standing up and voicing my concern over a system or I victimized myself to stop putting up my concern again.


I just underestimated the power of a system. Has time moved on, the system upgraded itself, and the engineers and technicians now use psychological prisons in place of physical prisons.

Well if you live in an oppressive system and you adapt to it, you are being victimized is your fault. Is it better for you to die opposing the system or to live as a victim of its oppression?

Victims of a system never realize they are victims. They could have adapted to a system and chose not to perish. But as they live they are perishing to the system whilst they are alive and they adapt to such a life.


Are you a victim of a system and you have become so comfortable with that system of oppression that you cannot realize you are a victim? Are you victimizing yourself by allowing yourself to be silent and adapt?

We had been victimized psychologically and emotionally but physically we were fine. We became victims because we believed as a society that the system was there to liberate us and knew what was best for us. Who knew what was best for us, not all of us knew what was best for us. The individual knew what was best for the individual, not the system nor the society but our individuality was owned by a system.

Victims of THE system due a psychological warfare







Comments

  1. Well I have known that, but I guess it take two to tango and undo the system psychological warfare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enlightening, and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I had planned to break away from this system or break it apart , I had not realised the enemy was closer than it seemed. My own family members were the enemies , more of victims , working with the system to maintain it's dominance . They thought they owed the system their lives.i relate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very profound! It speaks to our current situation in Zimbabwe

      Delete
  4. Very good article, insightful and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful house to unlock ones mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed it's a good Articles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes!! Very impressed with this article.. true indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful n very true..hope we can all choose not to be victims bt to emancipate ourselves frm ol forms of slavery n victimization ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truth to the point. But how can we help the society bto overcome this psychological warfare

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a well written article and it's enlightening as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well executed! 👏 👏 👏

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is profound. Good read, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article and very enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mr Mutandiro
    Thanks for pointing me to your blog. All I can say is I had a more meaningful education from rural South Africans up in mpumamlanga, when I moved there as a as a young adult than I ever did at an apartheid era school in the city. Psychological warfare indeed. Thanks again. Regards Lexa

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good read this is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good read. However, may you do thorough proof reading before posting next time. I came across a couple of misspellings , words missing something that may dent your profile as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very profound, insightful article. It’s so heartbreaking at the same time. My wish is if you could research and write about how to break the system. It’s saddening when the victims of it victimises you for pointing out their plight. It’s as if these victims have accepted their victim hood. Thanks for an interesting, educating read. Most Africans need this eye opening literature.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a limelight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genocide Of A Generation

The Apology